IAM Annual Conference 2017quickmove
The International Association of Movers (IAM) is the moving and forwarding industry’s largest global trade association. With more than 2,000 members, it comprises companies that provide moving, forwarding, shipping, logistics, and related services in more than 170 countries. Since 1962, IAM has been promoting the growth and success of its members by offering programs, resources, membership protections, and unparalleled networking opportunities to enhance their businesses and their brands.
IAM Basic Facts:
- Terry Head is the third President in the Association’s history, appointed in 1997.
- In 2000, the IAM Young Professionals Group is formed.
- The Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund is established in 2002
- Georgia Angell (Foremost Forwarders) is the first woman elected Chair of the Association, in 2003. She served for five years.
- The Hall of Honor inducts its first class of industry leaders, including Association founders, in 2008.
- In 2009, the Association changes its name from Household Good Forwarders Association of America, to the International Association of Movers.
- In 2012, the Association celebrates its 50th Anniversary.
Purposes and Objectives:
The objectives and purposes of this Association shall be to further the public interest and the interests of its Membership; to maintain high standards of service in the Industry, both for the benefit of the Government and commercial shippers; to cooperate with the Department of Defense and other government agencies as requested; to disseminate information of general interest and benefit to the Membership; to make available to the U.S. Congress and its committees and appropriate Federal agencies such information as may be of assistance in their consideration of the problems of this Industry; to formulate and present the Membership’s position before Congress and its committees, the Department of Defense, and other executive departments of the Government, and before Federal administrative and regulatory agencies; and to take such other action as may be proper and lawful and consistent with the public interest and with the interest of this Association and its Membership.
As the scope of business expands, so does IAM’s “big tent,” supporting affiliate groups as diversified as:
- The International Shippers Association, providing its members with lower shipping rates through preferred vendor discounts.
- The IAM Logistics Network, providing networking for those members expanding into moving and storage of goods other than personal effects.
- The Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund and the IAM Young Professionals – organizations that focus on supporting and mentoring the young leaders of the Industry.
- The Ladies in Moving Association (LIMA), one of a number of separate but closely affiliated organizations whose activities IAM supports and promotes.
IAM 55th Annual Meeting Events Details: The 2017 IAM Annual Meeting will conduct from October 9 – October 12, 2017, Long Beach, California USA. Kindly find the basic information’s of 55th IAM Annual Meeting,
Hotels: IAM has contracted directly with six hotels located in close proximity to the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center. Complimentary shuttle services will run continuously to and from all of the hotels during event hours.
Find below hotel details
COURTYARD MARRIOTT LONG BEACH DOWNTOWN, 500 East First St, Long Beach. To reserve by phone, call +1-562-435-8511
IAM Discounted Room Rate: $209, Book by September 18
RESERVE YOUR ROOM ONLINE COURTYARDMARRIOTT
HILTON LONG BEACH, 701 West Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90831. To reserve by phone, call +1-562-983-3400
IAM Discounted Room Rate: $229, Book by September 18
RESERVE YOUR ROOM ONLINE HILTON
HYATT REGENCY LONG BEACH, 200 South Pine Ave, Long Beach, CA 90802
IAM Discounted Room Rate: $239, Book by September 18
RENAISSANCE LONG BEACH -111 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
IAM Discounted Room Rate: $235, Book by September 18
THE WESTIN LONG BEACH, 333 East Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
IAM Discounted Room Rate: $235, Book by September 18
Below are some of other hotels nearby:
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach, Hyatt Regency Long Beach, Hotel Maya- A Double tree by Hilton Hotel, Hyatt Centric The Pike Long Beach, The Varden Hotel, Countryard by Marriott, Hotel Royal, The Pacific Inn, The Westin Long Bearch
Schedule: Download Full Schedule
Registration : Registration for the 55th Annual Meeting and Expo will open on Tuesday, April 25 for Governing Members Only. Upgrade your membership with IAM Membership Manager, Julia O’Connor, via email at Membership@IAMovers.org or via phone at +1-703-317-9950 today.
Registration for the 55th Annual Meeting and Expo will open on Tuesday, May 2 for all IAM members.
|Member Type||Early Rate
(ends June 9th)
(ends October 6)
|Core||$1,195.00(USD)||$1,350.00 (USD)||$1,500.00 (USD)|
|Supplier||$1,195.00(USD)||$1,350.00 (USD)||$1,500.00 (USD)|
|IAM-YP||$1,075.00(USD)||$1,350.00 (USD)||$1,500.00 (USD)|
*Governing Members will be registered at the Early Bird discounted rate of $1,195.00 (USD) regardless of when you register.
You may wish to upgrade to a Governing Member and receive additional benefits:
1. Receive the discounted registration rate of $1,195 (USD) regardless of when you register
2. Receive a 10% discount on the price of an exhibit booth ($250 off the price of the booth) – sponsorship items are not included
Hours are subject to change
|Monday, October 9, 2017||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday, October 10, 2017||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, October 11, 2017||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 12, 2017||7:30 am – 12:00 Noon|
Contact our registration manager, Brittany Marshall, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at +1-202-624-1740.
Reserve a Booth:
Booth selection will open for Governing Members only on Tuesday, April 25th. Contact the IAM Membership Manager, Julia O’Connor, via email at Membership@IAMovers.org or via phone at +1-703-317-9950 to upgrade your membership today.
Booth selection will open for the 55th Annual Meeting and Expo on Tuesday, May 2 for all IAM members.
Sponsor /Exhibitor Fees:
Note: To get more details about IAM 55th Annual meeting get download the mobile app. Now it’s available on App store as well as Google Play store. The first step is to download the app. You can get it on the Google Play or iPhone/iPad App Store. Search for “IAM Events.”
If you have already downloaded the app, you never need to download it again. This one app handles all IAM events. Simply switch events in the app so you can keep using it. Tap the “More” button in the menu, then choose “Change Event” in the top left, and tap on the upcoming event you need.
For More information visit: IAM Website
Pan American International Movers Association (PAIMA) conference also scheduled October 6 to 8, 2017.